en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa for debian sarge...

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: Stefan Hornburg <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa for debian sarge...
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:53:13 +0200

> > Lack of time on maintainer's side. There is still hope: I uploaded a
> > snapshot
> > of my development for Sympa 4 to Debian experimental. Please test these
> > snapshot, but note that this is experimental and may cause problems on
> > your
> > system.

> Many thanks. I've downloaded and installed on my sarge system, and the
> installation went perfectly (also using postgres).
> Sympa still does not work, but because apache (plain, no apache2) does
> not work anymore. I't is not related to sympa, i've removed the sympa
> configuration and apache still start but lock up without no log. ;(

Ok, i've fixed apache, and now sympa works, and also the installation.
(i've done it using postgres, and partially manual because my strange
postgres setup, but works).

I've tested the web interface and work very well, i've not tried to
post to a list because this needed some more setup (the test box have
only smarthost email enabled), say me if there's some things that have
to be tested deeply.

A things that have to be tested are upgrade, but i don't know how to do
this now.
There will be possible a ``woody backport'' of this version of sympa?
I think that i can do some more test on a woody box...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia'' http://www.sv.lnf.it/

Urbani, dimissioni please
http://punto-informatico.it/p.asp?i=49171