en - [sympa-users] Quotation marks changed into question marks

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Quotation marks changed into question marks
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:45:41 -0700

We've had reports of a problem from a few Mac users with quotation
marks and sometimes hyphens or other characters getting altered in
messages sent out through Sympa. They generally seem to get changed
into question marks -- there's obviously some weird character set
or encoding translation happening here, only for some Mac users. I
haven't yet been able to diagnose it fully, but I'm wondering if
anyone has seen it or can easily explain it due to knowing a lot
more than I do about such things. I have turned up vaguely relevant
things on Google, but nothing that really helped.

This is with a couple of versions of Sympa, currently 4.0b2, on
FreeBSD.

Thanks!
adam
--
----Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change--------------------
NPOGroups | NPOMail | NPOShield | web/database/email hosting

  • [sympa-users] Quotation marks changed into question marks, Adam Bernstein, 09/17/2004