en - Batch Create - Command not understood

  • From: Michael Hye <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Batch Create - Command not understood
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:16:23 +0100

Hi!

I have two questions of which I couldn't find an answer in the documentation nor in the bug-reports.

1. Command not understood

We have a couple of hundred lists running and now and then we receive a response of sympa when we try moderating messages:

Command not understood: ignoring end of message.
No command found in message

We get this message more and more lately so that's why I'm asking you guys if
you have any idea what could be wrong.
***

2. Batch Create

Is there -or will there be- a possibility to batch create lists? By let's say
having something process a csv-based file or so. Now everything goes by the
admin interface, which is nice but many parameters are the same over and over
again and need to be set every time (e.g. LDAP parameters).

I'm not sure how creating lists works now. Do you only make a config-file by
the admin interface that is processed and thus makes the aliases and does all
the registering thing afterwards, or is it a very complex process, threaded
maybe? In the first case it would be much easier to batch create config-files
and automatically process and register them in sympa.
***

We're using sympa version 3.4.4.3-8.

Thanx for any help, if I did miss some part in the documentation don't shoot
but redirect me please. :)

Kind regards,

Michael Hye