en - Sympa 3.4.3.1 (Solaris 2.9) web archive strangeness

  • From: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Sympa 3.4.3.1 (Solaris 2.9) web archive strangeness
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:03:22 -0500

While doing investigation on why my disk is filling up, I found that some lists are being archived to the web archive even though they are set with a closed web archive...

My list "config" file reads:
-- CUT --
web_archive
access closed
-- CUT --

It was last modified Jan 17 2003 yet when I look in my arc_path I find:

(lists.gatech.edu)[<arcpath>\address@concealed]> ls -1
2003-01
2003-02
2003-03
2003-04
2003-05
2003-06
2003-07
2003-08
2003-09
2003-10
2003-11

With .html files and attachements, so it appears that it (archived.pl?) is ignoring the "closed" directive and still archiving messages...

Anyone have any similar experience or advice?

Thanks a google,
- John Douglass, Georgia Institute of Technology