en - RE: [sympa-users] Restriction of sending by IP Address

  • From: "Joe Gilbert" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Olivier Salaun - CRU'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Restriction of sending by IP Address
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:48:26 -0700

I am doing everything through the command line. I have not even looked
at wwsympa.cgi. So, I would create my own scenario right? Is the below
rule the only one I need? Would I subsitute cru.fr in for whatever
domain I was concerned with? What do you mean it would only make sense
when evaluated through the web context?

I plan to have the user send the email through smtp to
<mylist>@hostname. I do need to lock it down because it is supposed to
be a fairly user-friendly setup where the people sending mail do not
have to do anything special but it would be too easy for someone to
maliciously spoof a sending address.

Thank you for the quick response. Sympa seems to be very effective in
my testing and I am sure I will recommend it to other clients beyond my
current project.

Joe Gilbert