en - Re: [sympa-users] some stupid questions - addendum

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] some stupid questions - addendum
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:40:22 -0400

I should also mention that I´m behind a firewall which does not allow me (or
better: sympa) to send out any e-mails. But I´m sure there should be a
manual way to handle list validation, etc. Probably the answers to these questions
are in the documentation, but obviousely I haven´t understood them.

Why would you do that? Why install list management software that can't send out mail?

I realized belatedly that if you can't send out mail, the advice I gave was useless. Look in your database (user_table) for the email address of the list master. The password will be there (field name is password_user).
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain dot net http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh