en - some stupid questions

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: some stupid questions
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:39:58 +0200 (MEST)

Hello everybody,
I got some stupid questions:

Sympa is running on my machine. I inserted a user into the database
manually. Fine, I can login as this user and create a list and so on. But how
does
the "master of universe" login? Is this guy defined in sympa.conf the master
of
univers, meaning the listmaster?

## Who is able to create lists
## This parameter is a scenario, check sympa documentation about scenarios
if yo
u want to define one

create_list public_listmaster

If so... where´s his password or how does he access the web interface?

My second question:
When I create a list via web interface as the user who I inserted manually
into my database, at the end I get the message:

"Your list creation request is registered. You can now modify its
configuration using the admin button but the list will be unusable until the
listmaster
validates it."

Probably this question refers to my first question: How does the listmaster
validate it?
I can see the list created under /sympa/expl
But how do I validate it?

I should also mention that I´m behind a firewall which does not allow me (or
better: sympa) to send out any e-mails. But I´m sure there should be a
manual way to handle list validation, etc. Probably the answers to these
questions
are in the documentation, but obviousely I haven´t understood them.

Thanks for any advice,
Karlo

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++