en - Re: [sympa-dev] Postgresql problems - sympa bugs or a debian package problem?

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Postgresql problems - sympa bugs or a debian package problem?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:08:39 -0400

At 10:30 AM +0200 5/30/03, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:
<snipped very helpful information>

You should definitely upgrade to the latest release ;-)

Thanks Olivier for your help!!

To be completely honest, the reason I am using debian's package, instead of the source package, is because I tried twice and spent hours and hours installing sympa from source on a debian system, with no luck, but was able to get sympa going using the debian packages. Besides the fact that in general, it is easier to keep everything in a system coordinated if you use the packages, rather than source.

I'm certainly willing to work with the developers and the debian sympa package maintainers to try and make sure that upgrades of packages that sympa depends on get incorporated quickly into the debian testing package. I'm not a debian developer (yet), but I'm pretty committed to that distro, and would also like to see sympa packages work well in debian.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain dot net http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh