en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-dev] Postgresql problems - sympa bugs or a debian package problem?

  • From: elijah <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-dev] Postgresql problems - sympa bugs or a debian package problem?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:41:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Michelle Murrain wrote:

> To be completely honest, the reason I am using debian's package,
> instead of the source package, is because I tried twice and spent
> hours and hours installing sympa from source on a debian system, with
> no luck, but was able to get sympa going using the debian packages.

My personal feeling is that one should not install the debian sympa
package. I love debian and would never leave home without it, but sympa is
too complex and integrates with too many other programs to make for a
clean package. Also, I would only run 'stable' for a production machine,
and the stable sympa package is pretty old.

I found installing sympa on debian (stable) pretty easy. Step by step
notes at:

http://miso.riseup.net/notes/installation/

-elijah