en - Re: [sympa-dev] Postgresql problems - sympa bugs or a debian package problem?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Postgresql problems - sympa bugs or a debian package problem?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:30:41 +0200

Hi Michelle,

Michelle Murrain wrote:
I've come to understand fully the problems I've been having with Sympa, and I believe that at least four of the five are related to the upgrade of Postgresql to version 7.3.2. (The sympa version in debian testing is 3.3.5-1)

I have had five problems, 2 have been solved:

1) Reimporting the data from the old version of the database resulted in a timestamp problem (I fixed that by writing a script that rearranged the timestamps)

This is a pure DB problem ; not related to Sympa

2) Postgresql returns 'public.table_name' instead of 'table_name' on a $dbh->tables request (I fixed that with a bit of code)

I just found out that this problem had been fixed 1 month ago :
[A. de Pretis] Fix: problem regarding PostgreSQL 7.3.x: since this
version Pg supports Schemes
which prefixes table-names with the scheme-name (default: public) ...
$dbh->tables in List.pm,
method 'probe_db' returns: public.user_table public.subscriber_table

http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm.diff?r1=1.374&r2=1.375

The latest stable release (3.4.4.1) fixes this problem.

Remaining problems:

1) When I look at the list of subscribers using wwsympa, I don't get a list. In the apache error log, the following message appears: ""LIMIT #,# syntax not supported at .../List.pm line 2986.

This has also been fixed in latest sympa 3.4.4.1 :
[BugID 99] Change: Pg 7.3 no longer supports the LIMIT #,# syntax

http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm.diff?r1=1.333.2.10&r2=1.333.2.11

2) When I try to add a subscriber (either on the web, or by mail) I get: Type "datetime" does not exist.

This was also fixed in sympa 3.4.4.1 :
[E. Dreyfus] [reported by pamelant AT nerim.net] Change: Postgresql
7.3 has no support for not SQL standard type 'datetime'.
***** If you are upgrading from a previous Sympa version, you should
update
***** your sympa DB as follows :
***** ALTER TABLE subscriber_table CHANGE date_subscriber timestamp
with time zone NOT NULL;
***** ALTER TABLE subscriber_table CHANGE update_subscriber timestamp
with time zone;

http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm.diff?r1=1.333.2.5&r2=1.333.2.6

You should definitely upgrade to the latest release ;-)

3) When I look at the bounces, an empty field in bounces somehow ends up representing some weird date in 1969. I don't think this has anything to do with Postgresql, because I get no errors during the listing of that page. But I'd like to understand why a blank record in the database results in that wierd date, since they were blank to begin with. If you can even point me to the right place in the code (I've poked around quite a bit, but can't find it.) that parses the bounce info, I'd appreciate it.

So, I need some help here. I don't know if these have already been fixed in the newest version of sympa, and are on the burner in the package release for unstable - so I'd appreciate any help in that regard. In addition, I am perfectly willing to hear that it's really was my problem, that I did some particular thing wrong, but I really need to know what it was, so I don't make the same mistakes in the future.

The bounce_subscriber field should be empty, I mean NULL ; but I'm no
postgresql expert...

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites