en - Virtual Robot frustrations

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Virtual Robot frustrations
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 01:20:48 -0400

I'm still very stuck with virtual robots, and I am about to smash my head into my monitor. Not a pretty sight. :-(

1) All of my lists show up in all of the virtual domains. I did find, buried in the tutorial, this line:
"Create a folder which will contain the virtual robot lists : ~sympa/expl/virtual.fr. Each list created in this folder is assigned to this robot."

So, I tried to move the lists into their own folders. But then all the lists disappeared. Exactly how is this supposed to be done? What exactly needs to go into this folder?

2) I created a second virtual domain - a test domain, so I could try to figure this all out. I followed (again) the directions in both the docs and the tutorial, and tried a number of other things. I'm using sendmail style aliases in postfix, and although I can get the lists to work, just fine, I'm *still* having problems with the headers not reflecting the domain names properly. The weird thing is that the robot.conf file is an exact copy of the robot.conf file for the other domain, except with the proper domain names replaced. Yet in this second domain, *all* the headers are wrong, not just a couple. So the headers are coming from somewhere I don't understand. Is there any documentation on exactly how each mail header is generated?

I did some code searching. A grep on 'List-Archive' for instance gives me this line:
List.pm: $hdr->add('List-Archive', sprintf ('<%s/arc/%s>', Conf::get_robot_conf($robot, 'wwsympa_url'), $self->{'name'}));

However, when I look at the 'wwsympa_url' line in that robot.conf file I see the correct URL.

This suggests to me that problem #1 is generating at least some of problem #2.

HELP!!
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet." Frederick Buechner