en - Re: [sympa-users] alias_manager.pl

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] alias_manager.pl
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:40:32 +0200

"Osvaldo T. Suarez" wrote:

> Hi:
> Does anybody knows why the alias_manager.pl script doesn't create the alias
> to mylist-subscribe?
>
> This is the code:
> ## Write aliases
> foreach my $suffix ('', '-request', '-editor', '-owner', '-unsubscribe')
> The documentation do mention that alias (Section 11.1 Mail aliases)

That's because "-subscribe" adresses are dangerous : as soon as this
adress
is published, spammers subscribe to your list and may be authorized to
send spam in a private list.

Easy to patch in alias_manager.pl (but dont forget to patch both alias
creation and alias deletion).

Do we need to introduce a list/robot/conf parameter to choose if the
alias
is needed ?

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex