en - LDAP + Sympa problems

  • From: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: LDAP + Sympa problems
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:48:01 -0400

I'm having some problems that maybe someone else has come across:

I have Sympa 3.3.5 and am using LDAP as one of the auth mechanisms. I still need the Sympa DB passwd to be available for those "non LDAP entried" users.

However, when I try to send a password to a new address I get the following in my Sympa Log:

Aug 29 10:35:18 news-ext.gatech.edu wwsympa[28018]: [client 128.61.2.35] do_sendpasswd(address@concealed)
Aug 29 10:35:18 news-ext.gatech.edu wwsympa[28018]: No entry in the Ldap Directory Tree of ldap.gatech.edu:636 for address@concealed

But no e-mail gets sent out...

Also, on my users WITH LDAP entries I get:

Aug 29 10:39:39 news-ext.gatech.edu wwsympa[28018]: [client 128.61.2.35] do_sendpasswd(address@concealed)

but I get a "template error" on the send passwd page on my Sympa log:

Aug 29 10:41:07 news-ext.gatech.edu wwsympa[28027]: [client 128.61.2.35] do_sendpasswd(address@concealed)
Aug 29 10:41:08 news-ext.gatech.edu wwsympa[28027]: unable to find template for sendpasswd

So I added a sendpasswd.tpl (that doesn't seem to be included in the src) template and that seems to work, however, no e-mail with password is ever getting sent out.

Anyone else had similar problems? It would be ideal if I could send an e-mail out for a NON-known LDAP address and simply display a message for those IN LDAP.

- JohnD

  • LDAP + Sympa problems, John Douglass, 08/29/2002