en - RE: [sympa-users] Easiest way to add a long list of users to a new list?

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Easiest way to add a long list of users to a new list?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:38:45 -0700

> I'll be migrating a number of lists to sympa, and I also have a list
> I need to set up right now - I have a text file with a long list of
> addresses I want to get into the database. Is there a tool already
> present to do that?

Hi Michelle. There is a script in the sympa/bin directory, called
load_subscribers.pl, that looks like it does what you want. But I've
just used the Add Subscribers page in the Web interface, copying and pasting
in from a text file, with no problems. I've pasted in 22,000 addresses
at once that way, and although it eventually timed out because the
operation didn't complete within 30 seconds (I've upped my timeout to 90),
they all went in smooth as silk.

adam