en - Re: [sympa-users] Showing Subscriber Address

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: DDT Webmaster <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Showing Subscriber Address
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:30:47 +0200

DDT Webmaster wrote:

> I am a new sympa user, but think I'm getting the hang of it. I have set
> up three "newsletters" where only the moderator can send messages and
> have between 8,000 and 15,000 subscribers per list. The problem I have
> run into in the past was people who recieve the newsletter not knowing
> which email address it was actually sent to, for unsubscribing purposes.
>
> Is there a way to reveal the email address a particular newsletter was
> sent to, either in the headers, or in a message header or footer? This
> would have to be expanded to an individual address for each message that
> goes out.
No, this is not possible because Sympa/postfix send one message to multiple
recepient ones. That is one reason why Sympa provide better performence
(and lower bandwith usage) than ezmlm.

However, you can send a "remind message" to each subscriber of a list or
to each user of you mailing list server using the "remind" command
(mailto:address@concealed?subject=remind%20mylist). The remind message is
parsed and can contain a unsubscribe URL including subscriber email.
Look at the list admin web interface to customize the remind message.

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47