en - setting reception mode when user_data_source is include

  • From: Fiona Dix <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: setting reception mode when user_data_source is include
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:06:11 +0100

Hi

How do list members set their options to nomail, digest, etc. when the list is run from an external sql database? I have a list (branchreps) and people in a particular group, whose email addresses are stored in a mysql db, automatically belong to it. As they can't unsubscribe I told them if they don't wish to receive mail send a 'set <listname> nomail' command. However this does not seem to be working.

The sympa log says the command is accepted, but it has no effect - the mail is still being distributed to the user.

Apr 16 13:59:21 www sympa[26211]: SET branchreps NOMAIL from <users-email-address-here> accepted (0 seconds)

where would the reception mode be stored for lists based on includes?

thanks
Fiona