en - ldap storage of user details and joint SQL LDAP includes

  • From: Mark Cheverton <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: ldap storage of user details and joint SQL LDAP includes
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:35:10 +0100

Hi,
Couple of quick questions/feature requests:

Since we already maintain an LDAP database for all our users and we
want to avoid multiple logins wherever possible I'd like to know if
anyone has code to let wwsympa do its user authentication (ie the
user_table part) against an LDAP database. This would also necesitate
disabling of password updates, user deletetion etc and redirection for
registration which would usually be handled externally by the providers
registration system. I don't think this would be too difficult looking
at the code as the only changes to be made would be to List.pm

My other question is for comined inclusion of subscriber details from
both sql and ldap. I have serveral SQL tables which I would like to use
as the basis for list addresses (mostly internally) but these don't
store the email address directly but instead store the user LDAP DN (as
above all account details are centralised in one place so that of the
user updates their LDAP email address all systems use that record). Is
there any way to include a combined SQL LDAP search where the results of
the SQL search are LDAP DNs which are then used to find the account
information?

-Ennui
--
Mark Cheverton aka [MORAT]Ennui http://morat.net/
Morat Games ICQ: 42123856

Free hosting for clans including discussion boards, email etc.
If you need hosting for your clan with all the gaming extras
see http://clans.morat.net/hosting.phtml

--+++ Less Lag More Frag +++--