en - Re: Problems after upgrading to SYMPA 2.5.2

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Problems after upgrading to SYMPA 2.5.2
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:20:50 +0100

Rene 'Lynx' Pfeiffer wrote :
> Yes, that was the reason. I set the SUID bit and SYMPA resumed normal
> operation
> again. I think I copied the binary with the wrong permissions after
> compiling. I
> changed it and everything was running fine.
>
> I also found out why SYMPA would stove some messages as BAD into its
> spool/msgs
> directory. Apperently the reason was that I tried to access infos via
> REVIEW and
> STATS about an empty list without subscribers. As soon as I put an address
> on
> the list it worked.
>
> What are the criteria for SYMPA to mark a mail as BAD and to put it into
> spool/msgs?

Messages sent to sympa or to a list are stored (by" queue" program) in
spool/msg/. Messages considered as bad are renamed BAD-xxx and remain in
the spool. Their are expired every "clean_delay_queue" (sympa.conf param)
days.

There are multiple reasons why a message may be considered as bad :

- sender not allowed
- unknown command
- command sent to a list
- database in unreachable