en - Problems after upgrading to SYMPA 2.5.2

  • From: "Rene 'Lynx' Pfeiffer" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Problems after upgrading to SYMPA 2.5.2
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:09:12 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

Yesterday I tried to upgrade from SYMPA 2.4 to SYMPA 2.5.2. I followed the
steps
described on the home page that explain how to do the upgrade. After
upgrading I
found SYMPA not reacting to commands and not forwarding anything to any list.

I checked the 'queue' program with strace and found that apparently it stops
when doing the file open in

[...]
sprintf(qfile, "T.%s.%ld.%d", listname, time(NULL), getpid());
fd = open(qfile, O_CREAT|O_WRONLY, 0600);
[...]

I checked the permissions of the spool directory /var/lib/sympa/spool/ and
found
it unchanged (0755). Nevertheless I didn't get it to work. Today I changed the
permissions to

drwxrwxr-x 7 sympa mlist 4096 Dec 27 17:07 spool

and put the user 'mail' into the group mlist. Now the 'queue' program runs
fine
but I get bad message entries with filenames such as
"BAD-sympa.952049080.5209".

I can't figure out why.

Best regards,
Rene Pfeiffer

---
Linux Manages! - Support, Administration, Consulting
RP3191-RIPE - Networking, Programming, Installation