en - Re: Problems after upgrading to SYMPA 2.5.2

  • From: "Rene 'Lynx' Pfeiffer" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Problems after upgrading to SYMPA 2.5.2
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:21:30 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

> Rene 'Lynx' Pfeiffer wrote :
> > Yesterday I tried to upgrade from SYMPA 2.4 to SYMPA 2.5.2. I followed
> > the steps
> > described on the home page that explain how to do the upgrade. After
> > upgrading I
> > found SYMPA not reacting to commands and not forwarding anything to any
> > list. [...]
>
> "Queue" program need to run as sympa and therefore requires the Set-UID bit.
> I guess did not install Sympa with root privileges and could not set the
> proper
> rights on "queue" program.

Yes, that was the reason. I set the SUID bit and SYMPA resumed normal
operation
again. I think I copied the binary with the wrong permissions after
compiling. I
changed it and everything was running fine.

I also found out why SYMPA would stove some messages as BAD into its
spool/msgs
directory. Apperently the reason was that I tried to access infos via REVIEW
and
STATS about an empty list without subscribers. As soon as I put an address on
the list it worked.

What are the criteria for SYMPA to mark a mail as BAD and to put it into
spool/msgs?

Best regards,
Rene Pfeiffer

---
Linux Manages! - Support, Administration, Consulting
RP3191-RIPE - Networking, Programming, Installation