devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] GCOC sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] GCOC sympa
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 09:23:35 +0100

hello,

> For example, IMO web interface would be better to be rewritten
> entirely: It's difficult to maintain, and has much redundant code
> of Sympa main body. SOAP is not so easy to use: It would be
> replaced by RESTful web API. And so on.

we are sketching a complete new UI using vue and the materials and
this means we will have a complete separation between UI and sympa
(the web part will be just an API).

> However, I might make some changes on svn for a while so that some
> defects will be fixed,

sure: any contrib is welcome and i wasn't trying to stop you to do so
but i just wanted you to be aware that this code will desapear ASAP.

> future. I'll personally release it through my yum repository for
> user of current 6.2.x (virtually 6.2.17). So you are not concerned
> about my changes on svn repo.

the maintainance release is the responsability of RENATER: i don't
know the release process.

> My account on GitHub is "ikedas".
> I'll try to submit changes to git, too, however, please sync my
> changes for some time.

* you now are member
* i created a sympa-6.2 branch which must be a mirror of the RENATER
branch. you tell me how to proceed to do that but i think the
simplest way is
* you push on RENATER
* someone in charge git-svn pull it to github

regards