devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] GCOC sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] GCOC sympa
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:00:56 +0100

hello,

> The matter looks simple: I can fork your (Strasbourg) repo and can
> send pull requests.

you are a sympa contributor so i can add you in the repo itself.
however: refactor parts we are about to remove should be
counterproductive so communication between us will be very important
in short term.

> I hardly can maintain this project alone.

No one does! and it seems there is not enougth support from academia
for the moment (i really hope this would change at some point).

that's why our goal is really to remove code :)

> I'm planning to submit some bug fixes and minor refactoring (less
> related to web UI) to SourcSup SVN in 2-3 months. I would much
> appreciate merging them to GitHub.
> Afterwards, I'll consider of switching to GitHub.

go ahead: just tell we what's your account and i'll add you as
contributor! Thank you very much, Soji.

i will try to merge your work on github however i had a lot of crashes
trying to use git-svn from sourcesup. i'll to my best.

another solution is: just push your stuff in both repos?

remember: the github repo only is the 6.2 branch: history stay the
RENATER side.

regards
marc