devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Layout of sources

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Layout of sources
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:14:04 +0100

Le 07/11/13 11:08, Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
address@concealed">Given my current work load, not before next week, unfortunatly.

However, I don't undestand why this should be blocking for anyone. No one ever said those changes had to be made before anything else, nor than I was the only one that could perform them. That would be insane constraints for a collaborative work where none of us has full-time sympa involvement.
Indeed. We only think that you're the best of us to do this, so we're lazily waiting for you. ;-)
But I think that we can do some of the files/directories moves that we I summed up in my preceding mail. I think that as long as we don't touch th sources, you can work quietly, Am I right.
address@concealed">
Afterwards, we'll be able to install the 6.2 on our production server,
then release a beta.
I initially though I was supposed to work on the trunk, which has been already synced with 6.2 branch. And I was blocked by subversion ACLs when I tried last week, which is part of the delay.
We fixed the ACL problem. Soji and you should have now full rights on the whole Sympa project.
address@concealed">
If I'm making those changes in the 6.2 branch now, it means than I'll have either to do the same work on trunk again, or the trunk will have to be synced again, right ?
That's the problem.
You were very kind to accept to redo your work in the trunk. I don't want you to do it twice.
I think it would be simpler to accept the 6.2 branch as it is right now instead of having to deal with yet another merge.

I can move bug fixes manually for a few months if it means more comfort for you. And I think it does.

Regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21