devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Layout of sources

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Layout of sources
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:08:02 +0100

Le 06/11/2013 16:47, David Verdin a écrit :

Le 05/11/13 02:56, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Guillaume,

When you will begin and finish your work on step 2?

2. Guillaume does the organizational changes he suggested: moves to
Sympa namespace, identation fixes, etc. These are the "one day long"
operations he suggested yesterday. He can also add the two minimal
tests he mentionned to ensure non regression when fixing a bug.
We including you had agreed to David's proposal. I'm watching when
you put your agreement into practice.
After a short conversation with Guillaume, he intends to do it as soon
as his other missions lets him the time to do it.
Given my current work load, not before next week, unfortunatly.

However, I don't undestand why this should be blocking for anyone. No one ever said those changes had to be made before anything else, nor than I was the only one that could perform them. That would be insane constraints for a collaborative work where none of us has full-time sympa involvement.

Afterwards, we'll be able to install the 6.2 on our production server,
then release a beta.
I initially though I was supposed to work on the trunk, which has been already synced with 6.2 branch. And I was blocked by subversion ACLs when I tried last week, which is part of the delay.

If I'm making those changes in the 6.2 branch now, it means than I'll have either to do the same work on trunk again, or the trunk will have to be synced again, right ?

--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information