devel - [sympa-dev] Fwd: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Tien Lan PHUNG <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Fwd: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:35:17 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Tien Lan PHUNG <address@concealed>
-----
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:13:17 +0100
From: Tien Lan PHUNG <address@concealed>
Subject: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa
To: address@concealed

Quoting Olivier Berger <address@concealed>:

> Hi.
>
> I've been talking to the sympa maintainers (namely Oliver Salaün, CC-ed)
> today at the JRES conference.
>
> They have something like logs in the database for every actions which is
> a new feature since sympa 5.3.
>
> I'm not sure it is documented, but there does exist such a feature,
> something like journal, etc.
>
> This could be used to build a probe which would issue some statistics on
> sympa activity.
>
> Maybe you can ask on the sympa-developpers list about that feature's
> details.
>
> Also I think we could provide the sympa developers with a description of
> what you are doing.
>
> I'm pretty sure they look very interested in features like getting stats
> on usage of the platforms.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Olivier BERGER <address@concealed> (ATTENTION : new address)
> Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF
> GET/INT at Evry (http://www.int-edu.eu/)
> OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC

Hello sir,

Now I'm participating in one project at INT, that is Picoforge Project
(http://www.picoforge.int-evry.fr), this project is based on some opensource
softwares such as :
phpGroupware
Apache
MySQL
OpenLDAP
Twiki
Sympa
The goal of my part in this project is to develop a module ( or based on some
existing tools ) to help the administrator of the systemcan can monitor and
know
what is happening inside the Picoforge plateform.

For example : the statistic information about the Apache server( Bytes/
Request, Hits/s, kbits/s, Thread Details ...)

Related to OpenLDAP, we have somethings like : the statistic information about
the the basic operations/s ( Bind, Unbind ,Search, Modify ,Add...) and also
the
the response time.

For MySQL Server, we have somethings such as : Number of connections, Aborted
connects, Aborted clients, Open Tables, and all information about Threads
(Created threads, running threads, idle threads ..)

Now , we are trying to get the statistic information about Sympa, I would like
to know that:' Do we have some thing like Log File to record all actions
related
to Sympa ? Or all we can do is to access the Sympa database and get
information
from it?' But I find that the information stored in the symap database is not
complete to get .

So It will be great if you can give me some hints about that.

(P/S: I attach some example graphs I alread created by using
Cacti(http://cacti.net), RRDTool (http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/) so that you
can have the general idea about what i'm doing)

Best regards,

--
Tien Lan PHUNG

MSc of Information Technology
Telecom INT
Institut National des Telecommunications (INT)
http://www.int-evry.fr
Phone :+ 33(0)1 60 76 67 57
Tel :+ 33(0)6 26 35 82 51

Add: Chambre 4581 Bat U4