devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Fwd: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Tien Lan PHUNG <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Fwd: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:34:46 +0100

Le lundi 26 novembre 2007 à 18:37 +0100, Olivier Berger a écrit :
> Le lundi 26 novembre 2007 à 16:53 +0100, David Verdin a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tien Lan PHUNG a écrit :
> > > Now , we are trying to get the statistic information about Sympa, I
> > > would like
> > > to know that:' Do we have some thing like Log File to record all
> > > actions related
> > > to Sympa ?
> > Yes. Sympa produces logs for each important operation (or each
> > operation, even futile, all depends on the log level you choose).
> > > Or all we can do is to access the Sympa database and get information
> > > from it?'
> > You can do that, too, as we copy logs in the database.
>

> Do you have any reference on docs about activating those logs in the DB,
> and the table name/format ?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Responding to myself (use the source, Luke ;) ) :
5.3a.8 6 September 2006

New features :

[Adrien Brard] DB logs : each operations that changes the status of
messages/subscriptions/list
config is now logged in a structured DB entry. Both listmasters and
listowners can search this events
DB using the Sympa web interface.

The table is like this (MySQL) :
CREATE TABLE logs_table (
id_logs bigint(20) NOT NULL,
date_logs int(11) NOT NULL,
robot_logs varchar(80),
list_logs varchar(50),
action_logs varchar(50) NOT NULL,
parameters_logs varchar(100),
target_email_logs varchar(100),
user_email_logs varchar(100),
msg_id_logs varchar(255),
status_logs varchar(10) NOT NULL,
error_type_logs varchar(150),
client_logs varchar(100),
daemon_logs varchar(10) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id_logs)
);

As you can see, it only appeared since sympa 5.3.

Hope this helps,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@concealed> (ATTENTION : new address)
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF