devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Fwd: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Tien Lan PHUNG <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Fwd: Re: How to get some statistics from sympa
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:53:12 +0100

Hi,

Tien Lan PHUNG a écrit :
Now , we are trying to get the statistic information about Sympa, I would like
to know that:' Do we have some thing like Log File to record all actions
related
to Sympa ?
Yes. Sympa produces logs for each important operation (or each operation, even futile, all depends on the log level you choose).
Or all we can do is to access the Sympa database and get information
from it?'
You can do that, too, as we copy logs in the database.
But I find that the information stored in the symap database is not
complete to get .
No. The only things we log are logs regarding a change of state. Something like sending a message, archiving a message, adding or removing an user, etc.
So It will be great if you can give me some hints about that.
Was that enough ?
(P/S: I attach some example graphs I alread created by using
Cacti(http://cacti.net), RRDTool (http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/) so that you
can have the general idea about what i'm doing)
That's great, keep up the good work !
Best regards,

David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités