devel - Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Chia-liang Kao <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:56:17 +0200

Chia-liang Kao wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:12:59PM +0200, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:
> [...]
>>>the current mhonarc resources and tt2 templates in my
>>>svn repository already handles the above problem, by changing the
>>>tt2 starttag and endtag to something mhonarc would automatically
>>>escape without any kludge.
>>
>>You mean replacing [% and %]. What did you replace them with ?
>
> currently i'm using <-% and %-> except before the translation sentences.
> tt2 allows runtime switching of the start/end tag.

We don't have starttag stoptag routines in native Sympa parser ; I think
we'll wait for
TT2 shift to fix this problem.

>>We will definitely work on the migration from tpl/nls to tt2/gettext next
>>july (I doubt we
>>get enough time in the meanwhile). Could you send us a tar of your modified
>>sympa distribution
>>or BETTER a diff of Makefiles/scripts + a detailed migration notice.
>>
>>Anyhow we will contact you when we'll be working on this.
>
> I will send more detailed notes and diff once i get home next week.
> meanwhile, would you consider to branch the development once the direction
> of
> tt2/gettext is decided? that way we could have aggressive changes having
> more time to test with, and also regular fixes to the stable releases.

We're not willing to have too many CVS branches because it might be a hard
job to merge
them later on. Currently we only have 2 branches : the MAIN one (development)
and a stable
one (sympa-3_4-branch). I suppose it would be usefull for separating TT2
changes from other
?summer developments?...
Any other point of views on this ?

--