devel - Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Chia-liang Kao <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:21:36 +0200

Hi,

You've already gone half the way, it is encouraging us to go further.

As you mentionned bug#056 in your first email, we had planned to change the
templates
organisation to :
1/ have a single version of each template with translation references.
2/ use a single mecanism for NLS and template internationalization
3/ provide a (web) contextual translation tool

Your work drives us to (1) and (2). Do you know of any existing tools that
would help translators
work on .tt2 and .po files ?

I have a question about .po files : the english text are the index ; how
about duplicates (the
same english text that would be translated differently in different contexts)
?

Other questions about TT2 : the format is very close to our native template
format which is
great. Is there an equivalent for our [STOPPARSE] [STARTPARSE] ? Is there a
way to get
the parser output stored in memory (an array), instead of having it printed
to file descriptor ?

Thanks.

--
Olivier Salaun