devel - Re: [sympa-dev] What code creates the menus on list config pages?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] What code creates the menus on list config pages?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:19:25 +0200

Adam Bernstein wrote:
I'm trying to change the format of the menus for list settings, and
can't quite figure out where the actual printing of menu options (ie. available scenarii for a given setting) is done in wwsympa.fcgi. I
think _prepare_data() is the closest I can find, but either I can't
decipher it or it's not quite the right place.

I want to remove the raw scenario name (like (editorkey) in "Moderated
(editorkey)") from the menu choices, because it's just confusing to
normal users; the list of choices is already confusing enough.

This is defined in edit_list_request.us.tpl :
<!-- Single params -->
<DD>
[IF p->type=scenario]
<!-- Scenario -->
[IF p->may_edit=write]
<SELECT NAME="single_param.[p->name].name">
[FOREACH scenario IN p->value]
<OPTION VALUE="[scenario->name]"
[IF scenario->selected=1]
SELECTED
[ENDIF]
(*)==> >[scenario->title] ([scenario->name])
[END]
</SELECT>
[ELSIF p->may_edit=read]
[FOREACH scenario IN p->value]
[IF scenario->selected=1]
[scenario->title] ([scenario->name])
[ENDIF]
[END]
[ENDIF]

I sure am looking forward to that revised Web UI, and I hope it will take the form of a few questions like "Do you want list messages moderated?" and "Do you want to require a confirmation step for each posting?" and "Do you want non-subscribers' messages to be rejected or moderated?", which are combined into the equivalent of a scenario, instead of having a menu with a separate setting (scenario) for every possible combination of options. But I'm digressing.

This is not part of the next Web UI ; for this we need a web scenarios editor
;
anyone willing to work on this topic ? seriously.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites