devel - Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Chia-liang Kao <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:01:48 +0800

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:12:59PM +0200, Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:
> I noticed a us.po that has no default translation, I guess it allows
> changing english translations without
> changing the corresponding gettext key in all other .po files.

that's because an option was turned on that makes any gettext key without
value in that language to simply return the key itself as the translation.
hence the us.po is just a dummy file since the key used in the tt2 files
are in english :)

> > the current mhonarc resources and tt2 templates in my
> > svn repository already handles the above problem, by changing the
> > tt2 starttag and endtag to something mhonarc would automatically
> > escape without any kludge.
>
> You mean replacing [% and %]. What did you replace them with ?

currently i'm using <-% and %-> except before the translation sentences.
tt2 allows runtime switching of the start/end tag.

> We will definitely work on the migration from tpl/nls to tt2/gettext next
> july (I doubt we
> get enough time in the meanwhile). Could you send us a tar of your modified
> sympa distribution
> or BETTER a diff of Makefiles/scripts + a detailed migration notice.
>
> Anyhow we will contact you when we'll be working on this.

I will send more detailed notes and diff once i get home next week.
meanwhile, would you consider to branch the development once the direction of
tt2/gettext is decided? that way we could have aggressive changes having
more time to test with, and also regular fixes to the stable releases.

Cheers,
CLK