devel - What code creates the menus on list config pages?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: What code creates the menus on list config pages?
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:00:40 -0700

I'm trying to change the format of the menus for list settings, and
can't quite figure out where the actual printing of menu options (ie.
available scenarii for a given setting) is done in wwsympa.fcgi. I
think _prepare_data() is the closest I can find, but either I can't
decipher it or it's not quite the right place.

I want to remove the raw scenario name (like (editorkey) in "Moderated
(editorkey)") from the menu choices, because it's just confusing to
normal users; the list of choices is already confusing enough.

I sure am looking forward to that revised Web UI, and I hope it will take
the form of a few questions like "Do you want list messages moderated?"
and "Do you want to require a confirmation step for each posting?" and
"Do you want non-subscribers' messages to be rejected or moderated?",
which are combined into the equivalent of a scenario, instead of having a
menu with a separate setting (scenario) for every possible combination of
options. But I'm digressing.

Thanks!

adam
* Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change *
* Web, Email, List, and Antivirus/Antispam hosting for the community *
* http://electricembers.net Member of http://techunderground.org *