packagers - Re: Sympa packages for RHEL/CentOS 6 x86_64?

Subject: List for people interesting in developping and using Sympa packages

  • From: Xavier Bachelot <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Sympa packages for RHEL/CentOS 6 x86_64?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:41:56 +0100

Hi,

On 12/12/2011 04:35 PM, David Verdin wrote:
Thanks a lot for your answer, Xavier.

This looks like a very promising work. I'm not familiar with the package
validation workflow for RedHat. Does one need to be a recognized
packager to be allowed to review a package or can anybody do this? If
this is a matter of testing the install on various platforms, we could
do this here.

To enter the Fedora repository, a packaged need to be reviewed according some packaging guidelines by a sponsored Fedora packager. The package can then be approved once all the guidelines are met and the reviewer is happy with the state of the package.
Anyone familiar enough with writing rpm specs and Fedora guidelines can help with the review though. Any input leading to a better package is always appreciated.

Here's a link to the Fedora review process :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

I'm shortening the recipients list to only sympa-packagers@, as I believe everyone here should be subscribed, right ?

Regards,
Xavier