packagers - Re: Sympa packages for RHEL/CentOS 6 x86_64?

Subject: List for people interesting in developping and using Sympa packages

  • From: Kartik Subbarao <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Jean-Pierre Masse <address@concealed>, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Sympa packages for RHEL/CentOS 6 x86_64?
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 15:09:39 -0500

Hi David,

I'd be happy to contribute to this process in some way. I'm working on a project to make it easier for IT folks to integrate collaboration tools in their work environment, so this kind of task (improving packaging for Sympa) lines up very well with the project's goals/objectives. While I couldn't at the moment take on a recurring role in RPM maintenance for a package as substantial as Sympa, I am happy to help on individual tasks that need to get done, etc.

Also, thanks Ikeda for your response. I totally understand, and if it will help I'd be willing to build the x86_64 RPM on my CentOS6 VM and provide it to you to host on your site. But perhaps let's hold off on that until we see what the other folks have already done and what they are looking for.

Regards,

-Kartik