en - [en@sympa] Force sync admin_table content

  • From: Benjamin Renard <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Force sync admin_table content
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 19:32:01 +0100

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to force sync the content of the "admin_table" table in database. I can't find any information about that and the doc just say that it content it would be automatically synchronized :

This table is an internal cash where list admin roles are stored. It is just a cash and it does not need to be saved. You may remove its content if needed. It will just make next Sympa startup slower.

In fact, in my case, I try to purge this table and restart sympa, but this table is not automatically populate.

I want to force this synchronization because I have some lists with owners declared in the list configuration file but not present in admin_table.

I try different way to resync the list by using sympa.pl script :
--sync_include
--reload_list_config
--sync_list_db

No seem working. I also try to find information in to how trigger this synchronization in the code, but nothing seem working for my lists. I notice the following code in upgrade process :

# Always update config.bin files while upgrading.
# This is especially useful for character encoding reasons.
$log->syslog('notice',
'Rebuilding config.bin files for ALL lists...it may take a while...');
my $all_lists =
Sympa::List::get_lists('*', reload_config => 1, skip_sync_admin => 1);
# Recreate admin_table entries.
$log->syslog('notice',
'Rebuilding the admin_table...it may take a while...');
foreach my $list (@{$all_lists || []}) { # See GH #71
$list->sync_include_admin;
}

I try to run manually this code and the admin_table seem to be populated for some of my lists, but not for all, especially lists with owners define in config.

I'm using sympa 6.2.40.

Benjamin Renard - Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest - 75014 Paris - France - Métro Gaité
Phone: +33 (0) 1 43 35 00 37 - mailto:address@concealed

  • [en@sympa] Force sync admin_table content, Benjamin Renard, 02/14/2024