en - Re: [en@sympa] [Private] Re: Sympa ARC seals fails to validate

  • From: Robin Roevens <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] [Private] Re: Sympa ARC seals fails to validate
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:53:19 +0000

Hi Ikeda

I've sent a test message with the mentioned mail adres as subscriber to
the list.

Meanwhile I however discovered that Google marked arc=fail (tests
passed) due to the 't=y;' parameter in the DKIM selector DNS TXT entry.
This parameter was now removed and now Google ARC tests pass:
----
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=2; mx.google.com; dkim=pass
 header.i=@<signer domain (sympa)> header.s=lists header.b="AzMol/f6";
arc=pass
 (i=1 spf=pass spfdomain=<sender domain> dkim=pass dkdomain=<sender domain>
 dmarc=pass fromdomain=<sender domain>); spf=pass (google.com: domain of
 robin_test-owner@<signer domain (sympa) designates <signer host IP> as
 permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=robin_test-owner@<signer domain (sympa)>;
 dmarc=fail (p=REJECT sp=REJECT dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=<sender domain>
----
So it seems the ARC seal that is added by Sympa is valid after all.

O365 however keeps bouncing the mails with
----
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=2; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass (sender
ip is
<signer host IP>) smtp.rcpttodomain=<recipient domain>
smtp.mailfrom=<signer domain (sympa)>; dmarc=fail (p=reject sp=reject
pct=100)
action="oreject" header.from=<sender domain>; dkim=pass (signature was
verified)
header.d=<signer domain (sympa)>; arc=fail (47)
----
while the ARC results added by Sympa earlier in the header indicate
that everything passes.
----
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; <signer domain (sympa)>;
arc=none;
dkim=pass header.d=disroot.org header.s=mail
header.b=kpXgBzR1;
spf=pass (<signer domain (sympa)>: domain of
robin.roevens@<sender domain> designates <sender host IP> as permitted
sender) smtp.mailfrom=robin.roevens@<sender domain>;
dmarc=pass (policy=reject) header.from=<sender domain>
----
despite the fact that <signer domain (sympa)> is added as trusted
sealer in O365.

Regards
Robin