en - Re: [sympa-users] Post size increase

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Post size increase
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 16:40:57 +0300

On 20/09/2021 23:41, Widerski, Betty wrote:
Hi –

We are POCing a 6.2 installation on RH Linux with the idea of replacing our
Majordomo server. I am trying to find the appropriate max_size number to
allow posts to be sized up to about 10MB including binary attachments. I am
aware that the binary-to-mime conversion increases the post size. With
Majordomo I determined that setting its maxlength to 13900000 resulted in
acceptance of about 10MB original sized PDFs etc.

We originally had Sympa max_size = 10485760  - this has allowed posts of
about 6.2MB PDFs

I’ve now upped max_size to 20971520 – this is still insufficient to allow an
8MB PDF.

I first tried changing the max_size in a specific list send/receive config,
then changed it globally in sympa.conf and restarted sympa and wwsympa and
teted a list getting the default max_size.

Do you allow posts of 10MB, and if so what is your max_size?

Hello Betty,

you are sure that is rejected by Sympa? It could be the mailserver in front
of Sympa.

The encoding shouldn't increase the size that much.

Regards
Racke

Thanks

Betty

Betty Widerski

Enterprise Systems & Services – HBS Information Technology

*HARVARD  BUSINESS  SCHOOL*

Shad 108 N | address@concealed <mailto:address@concealed> | T: 617.495.6642

Debian and Sympa administration.