en - [sympa-users] Post size increase

  • From: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Post size increase
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 20:41:45 +0000

Hi –

We are POCing a 6.2 installation on RH Linux with the idea of replacing our Majordomo server. I am trying to find the appropriate max_size number to allow posts to be sized up to about 10MB including binary attachments. I am aware that the binary-to-mime conversion increases the post size. With Majordomo I determined that setting its maxlength to 13900000 resulted in acceptance of about 10MB original sized PDFs etc.

We originally had Sympa max_size = 10485760  - this has allowed posts of about 6.2MB PDFs

I’ve now upped max_size to 20971520 – this is still insufficient to allow an 8MB PDF.

I first tried changing the max_size in a specific list send/receive config, then changed it globally in sympa.conf and restarted sympa and wwsympa and teted a list getting the default max_size.

Do you allow posts of 10MB, and if so what is your max_size?

Thanks

Betty

Betty Widerski

Enterprise Systems & Services – HBS Information Technology

HARVARD  BUSINESS  SCHOOL

Shad 108 N | address@concealed | T: 617.495.6642