en - [sympa-users] Is max_size honored per list in 6.2.x?

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Is max_size honored per list in 6.2.x?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 16:03:41 +0000

Hi. We're running Sympa 6.2.60 and the max_size setting in sympa.conf is set
to 10 MB, but some lists have the setting set higher. On a test list where I
have the max_size set higher, the email I sent that was larger than 10 MB was
rejected despite having the max_size set higher for the list. The config file
for my list has the higher max_size setting, as does config.bin. The help
online says the context for max_size is list (config), domain (robot.conf),
host.

Version 6.1.x allowed the list setting to override the one in sympa.conf. Is
this no longer true? I didn't see any mention of this change in the change
logs, but perhaps I overlooked it?

Thanks,

Tim