en - Re: [sympa-users] Is max_size honored per list in 6.2.x?

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Is max_size honored per list in 6.2.x?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:21:48 -0700

On 3/29/21 9:03 AM, Silvers, Tim wrote:
Hi. We're running Sympa 6.2.60 and the max_size setting in sympa.conf is set
to 10 MB, but some lists have the setting set higher. On a test list where I
have the max_size set higher, the email I sent that was larger than 10 MB was
rejected despite having the max_size set higher for the list. The config file
for my list has the higher max_size setting, as does config.bin. The help
online says the context for max_size is list (config), domain (robot.conf),
host.

Did it get rejected by sympa or the MTA? postfix's default is 10MB for one.

For our service we still recommend that lists stay under 10MB since probably lots of MTAs on the internet will reject over that. But I did recently note that gmail and some others are allowing up to 25MB now.

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed