en - Re: [sympa-users] [External] Re: Is max_size honored per list in 6.2.x?

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [External] Re: Is max_size honored per list in 6.2.x?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 18:34:24 +0000

Hi Matt,

That appears to have been the issue. I increased the message_size_limit
setting and now those emails are getting through.

Thanks!

Tim

On 3/29/21, 12:22 PM, "address@concealed on behalf of
Matt Taggart" <address@concealed on behalf of
address@concealed> wrote:

This message was sent from a non-IU address. Please exercise caution when
clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.
-------

On 3/29/21 9:03 AM, Silvers, Tim wrote:
> Hi. We're running Sympa 6.2.60 and the max_size setting in sympa.conf
is set to 10 MB, but some lists have the setting set higher. On a test list
where I have the max_size set higher, the email I sent that was larger than
10 MB was rejected despite having the max_size set higher for the list. The
config file for my list has the higher max_size setting, as does config.bin.
The help online says the context for max_size is list (config), domain
(robot.conf), host.

Did it get rejected by sympa or the MTA? postfix's default is 10MB for
one.

For our service we still recommend that lists stay under 10MB since
probably lots of MTAs on the internet will reject over that. But I did
recently note that gmail and some others are allowing up to 25MB now.

--
Matt Taggart
address@concealed