en - [sympa-users] Archives and help return "File not found."

  • From: Pierre Labastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Archives and help return "File not found."
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 23:19:46 +0100

Hi,

We are trying to install sympa on a server, and quite a few things
work, but we have problem with the web interface. You can see by
yourself navigating to
https://gimli.linuxfromscratch.org/sympa
there are two lists (used for testing, sorry for the names, we have
had several tries :):
address@concealed
address@concealed

The first list(list4) has no archives, and this is correctly displayed.

The second one has two messages, that can be listed when clicking on
"Archive", but when you click on one of the messages, it just returns
"File not found."

Ok, that could be a problem with the archiver, but now let's go to
Support->Documentation.
Try to click "general introduction" ... "File not found." again. And
actually this happens for all the link from the /help/ page

I do not know how to troubleshoot this. I've tried to set the log level
to debug, but nothing jumps to the eye. Actually, when it works, a lot
of messages are logged, but when it returns "File not found", nothing
is logged...

I understand that the pages are in "tt2" language under
/usr/lib/sympa/default/web_tt2, and the html is generated on the fly,
but I cannot understand why, for example, help_index is correctly
displayed, but not help_introduction.

Here are the configure options:
./configure --enable-fhs --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/sympa --with-
confdir=/etc/sympa --with-piddir=/run/sympa --with-
lockdir=/run/lock/subsys --localstatedir=/var

I can send the Constants.pm file if needs be. We followed the manual
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/
which was straightforward: thanks for this very good doc!

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

Pierre Labastie
Linux from scratch editor, http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
PS : I can read French, but my co editors are from other countries,
so writing in English in case they want to access this thread's
archives.