en - Re: [sympa-users] Archives and help return "File not found."

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Pierre Labastie <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Archives and help return "File not found."
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:25:16 +0900

Hi Pierre,l

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 23:19:46 +0100
Pierre Labastie <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to install sympa on a server, and quite a few things
> work, but we have problem with the web interface. You can see by
> yourself navigating to
> https://gimli.linuxfromscratch.org/sympa
> there are two lists (used for testing, sorry for the names, we have
> had several tries :):
> address@concealed
> address@concealed
>
> The first list(list4) has no archives, and this is correctly displayed.

On my side, the error dialog "ERROR (arc) - Archives are empty for this list"
was shown. It looks correct.

> The second one has two messages, that can be listed when clicking on
> "Archive", but when you click on one of the messages, it just returns
> "File not found."

On my side, "List archive" page concealed with "I'm not a spammer" button.
The message "File not found." was not returned. It also looks correct.

> Ok, that could be a problem with the archiver, but now let's go to
> Support->Documentation.
> Try to click "general introduction" ... "File not found." again. And
> actually this happens for all the link from the /help/ page
>
> I do not know how to troubleshoot this. I've tried to set the log level
> to debug, but nothing jumps to the eye. Actually, when it works, a lot
> of messages are logged, but when it returns "File not found", nothing
> is logged...
>
> I understand that the pages are in "tt2" language under
> /usr/lib/sympa/default/web_tt2, and the html is generated on the fly,
> but I cannot understand why, for example, help_index is correctly
> displayed, but not help_introduction.

On my side,
https://gimli.linuxfromscratch.org/sympa/help/ displays correctly.

https://gimli.linuxfromscratch.org/sympa/help/introduction.html
displays "File not found."

IMO It seems due to configuration of HTTP server rather than Sympa.
In fact, the response header of the latter case contains a field
that tells the request by web client was processed by PHP handler:

| HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
| Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 03:02:41 GMT
| Server: Apache/2.4.46 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.1.1i mod_wsgi/4.7.1 Python/3.9
mod_perl/2.0.11 Perl/v5.32.0

Can you disable unused modules in Apache configuration as possible?

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン