en - Re: [sympa-users] CentOS 8 install

  • From: "Richard B. Pyne" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] CentOS 8 install
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 22:04:39 -0700

Hi Richard,

I'm the Fedora/EPEL maintainer for sympa.
It is not yet available in EPEL 8, because I'm slacking on some work I'd like to finish on sympa packaging to remove the dependency on spawn-fcgi in favor of systemd, before officially building it for EPEL 8.
However, I do have a COPR repo that is fully usable, as it is exactly the same that is in Fedora and EPEL 6/7, and all dependencies are already available in RHEL/CentOS and EPEL.
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/xavierb/sympa/

Hope this helps,
Xavier

Hi Xavier,

Thank you! That is very helpful, but it leaves me with a couple questions. When going through the documentation for the install, It was easy enough to figure out where $LIBEXECDIR is, I'm not quite sure if
$SYSCONFDIR should be /etc/sympa or /var/lib/sympa, I lean toward /etc/symps, and I have no idea where $EXPLDIR should be. I'm doing the Virtual Domain settings using MySQL (MariaDB).

--Richard