en - Re: [sympa-users] CentOS 8 install

  • From: Xavier Bachelot <address@concealed>
  • To: "Richard B. Pyne" <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] CentOS 8 install
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 09:31:59 +0100

Le 16/11/2020 à 03:09, Richard B. Pyne a écrit :
Please forgive me if this has been answered, I am new to the list and didn't find  a direct answer in the archives.

I'm in the final process of building a new mail server to replace an very old and not readily upgradable one.

I am using postfix, dovecot, postfixadmin, spamassassin, pflogsum, opendkim, and opendmark.

On the old server I have been using mailman with success, but want to move to something a little more modern and maintained. after several hours of searching and reading, I settled on wanting to try Sympa.

Following the manual, I find that the RPM is not available in EPEL for CentOS8, though I do find version 6.2.58 in the repository for CentOS7.

Any suggestions or guidance on the best way to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

--Richard

Hi Richard,

I'm the Fedora/EPEL maintainer for sympa.
It is not yet available in EPEL 8, because I'm slacking on some work I'd like to finish on sympa packaging to remove the dependency on spawn-fcgi in favor of systemd, before officially building it for EPEL 8.
However, I do have a COPR repo that is fully usable, as it is exactly the same that is in Fedora and EPEL 6/7, and all dependencies are already available in RHEL/CentOS and EPEL.
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/xavierb/sympa/

Hope this helps,
Xavier