en - [sympa-users] Disabling notifications to users of

  • From: Bill Goins <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Disabling notifications to users of
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:32:50 +0000

Hi, is there a way to make sympa not send notifications about
messages forwarded to the moderators, rejection, unsubscribe.

Most of our lists that used to be done with majordomo were
essentially like newsletters. They are mainly mail from administrators
to students sending information about:

- from the registrar: pre-registration for a future term is open
- from the dean: here is a report that we are legally required to send to you
(summary of incidents on campus; gas lines)
- from the president: here is what we are doing because of the Covid-19 virus

One problem that comes up is that students do a reply-all because outlook.com
makes that easy to use.

I don't want the students to get messages like:

Your message to the list 'goins2' has been forwarded to the moderator(s)
Message 5f7157949efc401763ba0cd7b0dc641b for list 'goins2' has been rejected.

I don't want these to go out because:
- they don't know what a moderator is--is someone spying on their email?
- they will send messages about why they got a rejection message.

I don't care if the editors get message about forward/reject the message.
We can deal with that.

Is there a way to stop these? I know you added the option to stop sending
the "you have been subscribed' message and I have that set.

If see references to a "quiet" option mentioned in the code, but I can't find
what sets it.

Bill Goins
Information Technology Services
Georgetown College
Georgetown, KY 40324-1696
Email: address@concealed
Phone: (502)863-8003
NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you are not the intended recipient or it appears from the context or
otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please permanently
Fry, don't be a hero. It's not covered by the health plan. -- Hermes
-- Futurama