en - Re: [sympa-users] Disabling notifications to users of

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Disabling notifications to users of
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 19:42:47 +0100

On 3/26/20 6:32 PM, Bill Goins wrote:
> Hi, is there a way to make sympa not send notifications about
> messages forwarded to the moderators, rejection, unsubscribe.
>
> Most of our lists that used to be done with majordomo were
> essentially like newsletters. They are mainly mail from administrators
> to students sending information about:
>
> - from the registrar: pre-registration for a future term is open
> - from the dean: here is a report that we are legally required to send to
> you (summary of incidents on campus; gas lines)
> - from the president: here is what we are doing because of the Covid-19
> virus
>
> One problem that comes up is that students do a reply-all because
> outlook.com makes that easy to use.
>
> I don't want the students to get messages like:
>
> Your message to the list 'goins2' has been forwarded to the moderator(s)
> Message 5f7157949efc401763ba0cd7b0dc641b for list 'goins2' has been
> rejected.
>
> I don't want these to go out because:
> - they don't know what a moderator is--is someone spying on their email?
> - they will send messages about why they got a rejection message.
>
> I don't care if the editors get message about forward/reject the message.
> We can deal with that.
>
> Is there a way to stop these? I know you added the option to stop sending
> the "you have been subscribed' message and I have that set.
>
> If see references to a "quiet" option mentioned in the code, but I can't
> find
> what sets it.

Yes, you can change the scenario your lists are using from

true() smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> editorkey

true() smtp,dkim,smime,md5 ->
editorkey,quiet

You can see the scenario for a list in the web interface at Edit List
Configuration / Sending/receiving setup.

The scenario can be changed at global/domain/list level.

Regards
Racke

> --
> Bill Goins
> Information Technology Services
> Georgetown College
> Georgetown, KY 40324-1696
> Email: address@concealed
> Phone: (502)863-8003
> NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
> you are not the intended recipient or it appears from the context or
> otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please permanently
> Fry, don't be a hero. It's not covered by the health plan. -- Hermes
> -- Futurama

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.