en - Re: [sympa-users] Recovering Database from Config Files

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Recovering Database from Config Files
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 09:04:43 +0100

Cool !

Nice to see you're getting out of the brambles.

Regards,

David

On 30/01/2020 17:53, Dave Page wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 01:00:23PM +0100, David Verdin wrote:

If you run the upgrade while specifying the versions, it will perform the
task.

I would recommend running : sympa.pl --upgrade --from 6.2.32 --to 6.2.40.

And your config files should be parsed for their admins.
Thanks very much for this David. To sum up for other people who may have the
same problem, I had to stop the sympa service, start from a fairly blank
database (TRUNCATE admin_table; TRUNCATE list_table), and do the upgrade
*before* the "sympa --sync_list_db", to stop the lists entering error state
because they didn't have a defined owner.

There are a couple of problems, such as list admins in the config files on
disk
who had been removed through the web UI previously. And of course subscriber
information is lost. But this is enough for me to work from.

Thanks again!
Dave

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."