en - Re: [sympa-users] How to install additional languages

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to install additional languages
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 09:03:39 +0100

Hi Martin,

All languages are installed with the Sympa sources. They are installed on your system's locale hierarchy when running make install.

To make them available, you need to declare them in the "supported_lang" sympa.conf parameter.

Example:

supported_lang ca,cs,de,el,en-US,es,et,eu,fi,fr,gl,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,oc,pl,pt-BR,ru,sv,tr,vi,zh-CN,zh-TW

In theory, they are all enabled by default.

To make German the default lang, you need to set the "lang" sympa.conf parameter.

Example:

lang de

Afterwards, you need to restart all Sympa processes.

service sympa restart; service wwsympa restart; service sympasoap restart.

If your languages are still not available after that (for example in your user preferences : https://your.domain.tld/sympa/pref) then there is an installation problem and it would be useful to have a look at your logs to understand the problem.

Regards,

David