en - Re: [sympa-users] Location of Sympa's aliases file

  • From: Pierre Abbat <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Location of Sympa's aliases file
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 18:06:02 -0500

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:36:55 AM EST David Verdin wrote:
> Yes, something need to be put in sympa.conf.
> First things first: did you run sympa_wizard.pl after the install?
> That's the script that's supposed to initialize everything.

I didn't. Does the package manager run it as post-install? I remember being
asked for a database password; the password is in sympa.conf . Is it safe to
run the wizard after creating lists?

> Second: the parameter defining the alias file for lists is
> sendmail_aliases (whichever MTA you're using) :
> https://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part2#sendmail_aliases

I added that parameter and it now works. I created a third list (after
catting
the aliases to the end of the file) and it added the third list's aliases to
the file and ran newaliases on that file. I then subscribed to all three
lists, sent a message to one of them, and got it back.

> Yes, you can edit it through the web interface: go to the list page,
> then go to Admin > Edit list config > List description / home page >
> Click on edit nest to "List description".

I found it after getting the style sheet working. (The Sympa logo was showing
as a broken image. This was caused by a wrong directory in the Apache config
for the site. Fixing that also fixed the style sheet.) It was hard to see
without the style sheet.

Pierre
--
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.